Friday, June 13, 2008

Color and Light

We've had a long, rainy, gloomy spring here in the Pacific Northwest. Even the natives are grumbling. Today is the first day in a month that the sun is warm and bright. I'm dying for color and light, so after I walk the dog I'm going to play hooky and spend some time at our local garden center. Before I leave you, I'd like to share a clip from one of my favorite musicals, Sunday In the Park with George. It is currently in revival in Broadway and it's getting rave reviews. I liked this bit:

“Look!” says the man for whom seeing is everything, in a voice that both commands and beseeches. “Look!

....in “Sunday in the Park With George,” which won the Pulitzer Prize for drama in 1985, looking involves much more than registering what’s pretty, what’s shocking, what’s new. The great gift of this production, first staged in London two years ago, is its quiet insistence that looking is the art by which all people shape their lives.

If you are as hungry for color as I am, you might enjoy this lovely design oriented blog called Terramia. Take your time there. You'll be glad you did.

Here's to spring, however much delayed. Excuse me while I go look.

Sia

No comments: