Sunday, October 21, 2007

Those Sexy, Pretty Witches Now Up on Vox


Those who can laugh at themselves
will never cease to be amused

For those who are interested, my latest article, Those Pretty, Sexy Witches, now appears at The Witches Voice.

Excerpt: It is known as The Season of the Witch, a time when hefty bags of candy appear on shelves, skeletons come out of dark closets to dance among us, and that ugly, green-faced hag stalks the store aisles, frightening little children and annoying real Witches no end. For many years now, both in response to that Hag, and for my own amusement, I have collected items that portray her opposite. As a result, I have dozens of pretty, sexy, positive Witch figures, toys, trinkets, and images in my collection. Some of these pieces feature young women and little girls, while others depict sweet-faced older gals. The elders are often shown hugging cats or puppies or they carry books, flowers or tiny bags of chocolate. For those in the know, that pretty much says it all.

Blessed Samhain and Happy Halloween to all here,

Sia

Art: Riding High by Gil Elvgren (50'2 era pin-up poster)

Related Articles:

Nasty Tricks and Delicious Treats by Elizabeth F. Stewart - I just found this today, after m own article had posted. She has some good links here, and adds to what I have said.
(Note: Very Adult Content)



No comments: