Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Hecate on Pagan Values


Hecate's post on Pagan values is worth reading.

Excerpt:

I value a mythopoetic explanation of the world that complements my scientific understanding of the same. I value the ability to part the veils, the chance to ground daily, the glimpse of what it could be like to live in a world where the king and the land are one. I value flow and fire, the ability to be silent and how the last light over the dark west went while morning at the brown brink eastward springs and the holy ghost over the bent world broods with warm breast and with, ah! bright wings. I value the Spiral Dance. I value poetry. I value the dark. I value the shadow. I value my willingness to let the infinite touch the buckle of my spine and I value the place where change can happen. I value being in touch with things that scare a lot of people and I value valuing that which many devalue.

Yes, yes and yes.

Sia

Posted in honor of Pagan Values month

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for blogging on pagan values--it's so needed since so many non-pagans think we have no values. I'm in the midst of writing a paper and trying to incorporate pagan values in some way, so this is very much top of mind.

I love Hecate's "buckle my spine"--beautiful! And I laughed in agreement when reading "I value being in touch with things that scare a lot of people..."

Unknown said...

wonderful! i agree totally with riverwolf. particularly with 'i value being in touch with things that scare a lot of people.' that is SO true1