Monday, October 25, 2004

After the Ball

The Witches' Ball was Saturday night. I wrote this memo to the Staff on Sunday:

Dear Full Circle folks,

I wanted to write a brief note and say congratulations! I think we put on one of the best Witches' Balls ever, and that this was one of the finest Pagan events ever held in the Bay Area.

Everything was magical, from the great attendees to the gorgeous decorations, to the talented, fabulous dancers & musicians. And wasn't the singer wonderful!

The organization was excellent, people thought on their feet, pitched in where needed, communicated with each other and made it all work. Thank you!

As for the crowd...Wow! I think we reached critical mass at around 7:30 and the "high" stayed with us until the very close. The energy was incredible; everyone was having *such* a great time. I could go on and on, but I'm exhausted, so I'll save it for the newsletter...but hey, what an evening!

Please send our best regards along to all of the FCE & FLARE volunteers & to our outstanding entertainers with whom you worked last evening. I will write our Vendors, the Sponsors and our DJ this week to send out thanks on your behalf.

People are already writing in to say what a great time they had and how special and unique it all was. You can all be proud.

The Humane Society, the Bat people and the Wildlife Rescue folks all went home very happy and every one of them took took back a wonderful impression of who we really are.

My favorite moments included dancing the Spiral Dance to belly dance music in the Fireplace Room, and watching that cute baby dance and play all night long. I also loved seeing those two wonderful little girls win the Costume Contest. I loved dancing in the Main Ballroom to the music the Dj played - he did everything, from Oldies, to R&B, to Pagan rock to World Music to Halloween favorites I think I did "The Time Warp" at least twice!

Thank you all for working so hard work this year and for showing such creativity, grace and style under pressure. You made something very wonderful and rare.

Blessed Samhain to you and yours,

Sia
http://www.fullcirclevents.org
Full Circle Events
Honor the Past, Celebrate the Present, Create the Future

cc: Some well wishers

----------------------------------

It's Monday, and I'm starting to unpack the car and check in with people. I need to take our cash to the bank and do all the usual budgeting and business stuff. This week I will write Thank You notes to various people.

After that, we celebrate Samhain with a few close friends, and then I go to Medford, Or to see my family for a while. My father is very ill and I want to be with my folks. I don't know how often I'll be coming and going to Medford this year. My husband is taking leave from work as he needs to and I'll close up my own business until after the holidays.

After my father passes on, we may move to Portland to be closer to my Mom, who is 78. I don't know what the New Year holds, but whatever happens, I'm grateful and proud that I had a chance to work with such great people and that together we've done so much that was both fun and worthwhile.

Sia

No comments: