Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Little Green Apples for Earth Day

I love my Mac, I do. It gives me the freedom, power and flexibility I've always wanted in a computer and never got. Like many women, I simply want a computing tool that does what I need it to do without any drama or trauma. Mac does that. So when I moved from PC's to a Mac last year I was one happy, tech loving Witch. I told my friends that switching from PCs (which I had used professionally for over 30 years) to a Mac Powerbook was like ditching a dull, lazy boyfriend and hooking up with that smart, sexy, fun loving equal you've always dreamed about. So, I'm serious when I say that I really love my Mac.

I also love my Ipod and, when the price comes down and it's functionality improves, I plan to purchase an Iphone. But, as much I love my tech, I am a Green Witch, and I do not like what Apple and other companies are so carelessly, mindlessly and wrongly doing to our planet.

So, in honor of Earth Day, I would like to share this video from Green Peace. It's a humorous version what many of us would like Steve Jobs to say.

Steve, it's way past time. We want our Green Apples. And we are going to keep telling you that until you listen and make some changes. You took some steps forward last year, and we applaud you for that. Keep going. It's a long, creative walk ahead. You've got millions of us with you, all ready to take the next step.

Happy Earth Day, everyone.

Sia

Related Articles:

Earth Day Marketing: E-tailers Seeing Green

New Trash Techology Aims To Turn Waste Into Energy

Going Green with a New Chipset

Green Audits On The Rise

The Coming of Green Computers
This dates from 2003 but has some relevent points to make

Apple's 1984: The Introduction of the Machintosh in the Cultural History of Personal Computers

Why Use Macs in Your Local Schools

Links:

For Parents & Teachers: Crafts, Environmental Games & Recycling

Earth Day Projects from The Nature Conservancy

Share Your Plans To Take On Climate Change

Climate Savers - Smart Computing

Greenpeace International

Greenpeace USA

Attack of the Show - Silly, Irrevent & Informative TV for Technophiles

3 comments:

Inanna said...

omg, I love this, it's so true: switching from PCs to a Mac Powerbook was like ditching a dull, lazy boyfriend and hooking up with that smart, sexy, fun loving equal you've always dreamed about. I've never heard it so well put.

(Sorry to miss the point of the post. :) )

Sia said...

Thank you. I'm glad it made you smile :-)

Hecate said...

I love my iPhone. I'm a Luddite and not at all tech savvy, but I love my iPhone. And my Mac.